Essential Tips for Google Buzz newcomers!
- Learn how to mute a post! if you don’t every time there’s a new comment it pops back to the top of your stream
- Don’t send your Tweets to Buzz!! Buzzers ignore tweets. If we want to see Tweets we open HootSuite (I mean Twitter)
- Like posts and leave comments directly on Buzz – unless you don’t really want to meet anyone new….
- You can have a conversation on Buzz. I mean a real honest to goodness conversation – not a conversation that gets cut off!
- Don’t forget to leave comments on the blog, too, if the Buzz is about a blog post – via @Holly Jahangiri
- You can track your Buzz posts AND comments by using this search formula via@Julian Bond
- At the top of the Buzz frame you will see Web Clips “they grab stories from a default set of feeds. Under “Settings”, the “Web Clips” tab lets you control what feeds they read from, or turn them off entirely” via @Josh Wills
- This tip comes from@Steve Pirk “We call it @’ing or summoning. To make a person a link, Enter this without the spaces – @ gmail-username @gmail.com . This creates a reference to the user and the message goes to gmail inbox.” For example if you want to “summon” me you would type @email@example.com
- If you want people to comment on your Buzz posts, first you have to comment and interact with other user’s Buzzes. via @Robert Sanchez Jr
- Search Gooogle profiles to find interesting Buzzers with this link http://www.google.com/profiles?q= via @Joe DeGroff
- Customized Buzz charts track individual Buzz usage stats and they are provided by developer @Siegfried Hirsch
- You can have a private conversation in Buzz, I saw these instructions posted by @Rob Gordon but he got them from @Steve Pirk
- Update your Google Profile with your Profile URL. You can find this at the bottom of the edit profile screen via @Andrew Maxwell
- TaggingBuzz is a Chrome extension (see video below) that allows you create Buzz tags and search for them later via @Nori Hamamoto
For advanced users, Steve Pirk shared a bonus tip for adding VERIFIED NAME to your Google profile. Currently VERIFIED NAME is available for US based users and Steve gives credit for this tip to @LindaLawrey.
Leave a comment and let me know if you find these Buzz tips are helpful. Remember if you have Buzz tips add them on Buzz.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Google Buzz Released Official Share count Buzz Button (shoutmeloud.com)
- Take Control of Your YouTube Activity Settings (basicblogtips.com)
- HootSuite’s Ow.ly Shortener Just Got Better (basicblogtips.com)