Joining a Community of Bloggers
In early November, I became an active member of the Blog Engage Community and it has been an amazing journey and an extremely rewarding experience. This image represents a small sampling of the bloggers that I’ve networked with since joining Blog Engage.
I was somewhat timid in my initial approach because I’d heard talk that it is not a good idea to join a lot of blog directories. You know, everyone is afraid of the big, bad, wolf known as Google and what might happen to you if you don’t follow every rule they make to a “T”. Yet, for every article that talks about not submitting your blog with too many directories, I find another that says directory submissions are the best thing since sliced bread. So I have to go with my gut, forget all about Google’s rules, and just “do me“.
Building a Social Network at Blog Engage
I looked around the Blog Engage site and right away I noticed something unique. I quickly caught on to the the fact that BE doesn’t look or feel at all like a directory but more like a place to hang out and rub shoulders with some of the finest bloggers on the planet!
Soon, I began to feel increasingly comfortable in my new BE skin and I started to submit, vote, comment, interact, follow, share, laugh, and tweet up a storm with my new found blogging friends. Oh, and you probably know already that I created two how-to videos for newcomers to the BE site.
Here’s a summary of my Blog Engage activity for the month of November:
- Joined on 11/2/09
- Submitted 11 posts (not including this one) 7 are published
- Created 2 screencasts Introduction: The Blog Engage Community
- Read, voted on, and very often left comments for over 125 articles from other bloggers
- Did my first guest interview with Karen from Blazing Minds Latest Blogger Interview with Ileane from Ms. Ileane Speaks (aired on Dec. 3rd)
- Wrote a review of Blog Engage on Shvoong (please rate the review)
- My blog was featured in a post on Freeman Legacy LLC
- Received my first Alexa review from Ms. Freeman
- Wrote my first Alexa review for Freeman Legacy LLC
- My blog was featured in a post by Jimi Jones in The Online Business Blog
- Mentioned in Share the love, who’s talking about Blog Engage
- Listed in Coolest articles on the week form the Blog Engage community
- Listed in Weekly Round Up – BlogEngage, iTunes, Google Wave
- Received comments, tweets, retweets, stumbles, backlinks, trackbacks and pingbacks like never before
- Created a Blog Engage Twitter List http://twitter.com/Ileane/blogengage
There is one post that I submitted to Blog Engage that did not do as well as I expected in gaining votes. Do Twitter Backgrounds Attract New Followers? hasn’t received enough votes to be published yet, but I am still hopeful that it will.
Published Articles for Ms. Ileane Speaks
- Introduction: The Blog Engage Community [Video]
- Twitter Meets Buzzom [Video]
- Searching for the Perfect Tweet
- Posterous – Life Streaming or Not?
- Top 5 Blog Topics
- Tweet Smarter with Retweet Links
- StumbleUpon Demystified
I want to thank each and everyone that helped make my first month as a Blog Engage member so enjoyable. Feel free to share your Blog Engage experiences or let me know if you have questions.